Lightweight Swaddler - Stone
The Ergobaby® Lightweight Swaddler, features soft, breathable mesh to ensure cool comfort for your baby during warmer weather. Like the Ergobaby Original Swaddler, it offers a simple and effective way to ensure your baby sleeps safely and soundly. The easy-to-use patented designs is recommended by mums and medical experts alike and is ackowledged by the International Hip Dysplasia Institude as a 'hip healthy' product.
The design features a unique ‘removable leg pouch’ which allows for quick and easy nappy changes and use with harness systems commonly found in swings and bouncers.
Ergobaby's Lightweight Swaddler is made from extra-airy mesh fabric, making it 33% lighter than the Original Swaddler. The breatheable fabric is gentle on baby's skin and provides the flexibility to stretch with baby's movements for the ultimate in cool comfort.
By popular demand, the Ergobaby Swaddler is now available in single packs and has been re-released as a convenient single-size swaddling solution for newborns (0-4 months).
Features and Benefits
- New revolutionary design in line with International Hip Dysplasia Institute recommendations
- Physician recommended ergonomically correct ‘frog-leg’ position
- Easy-to-use ensures that baby is snug and safe in just a few simple steps
- Arm pockets secure baby’s arms and help to replicate the fetal position of ‘hands to heart’
- Escape proof specially designed to prevent unravelling or shifting during sleep
- Convenient leg pouch provides easy access to baby’s nappy and allows use with swings and bouncers
- Soft and breathable 60% Cotton, 40% Polyester
Swaddling with arms enclosed prevents startle reflex that may disturb sleep, but is not recommended once baby is able to roll as this may increase the risk of suffocation.
One Size for Infants - 2.7-6.8kg (48-61cm)
- Lightweight Aerated Knit Fabric
- 100% cotton, 40% polyester
- Premum velcro
- Machine washable: Cold with mild detergent on gentle cycle. Dry on delicate cycle and remove when seams are still damp. Air dry.
- US Patent No. 8,943,625
- Made in Vietnam
Click here to view the Ergobaby Swaddler Instructions
Click here to view the Ergobaby Swaddler Tips and Tricks Info
Click here to view the Ergobaby Swaddler Frequently Ask Questions
Click here to view Leading Neonatal Pediatrician Praises New Ergobaby Swaddler
- The practice of swaddling a baby has been used for centuries by many different cultures due to its various benefits.
- Swaddling mimics the structure of the womb and helps ease a baby’s transition into the world.
- Newborns need extensive nurturing during the first 3 months of life, which swaddling can provide; this time is commonly referred to as the fourth trimester.
- Swaddling helps babies spend more time in rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, which is thought to be necessary for the extraordinary development happening in their brain. Since REM sleep is lighter than non-REM sleep, and more easily disrupted, swaddling helps prevent baby from waking during this valuable sleep time.
- Research demonstrates that when swaddled correctly, babies are safer since they are more likely to stay asleep on their backs and less likely to get caught in loose blankets.
- Swaddling produces a calming effect that soothes a baby.
- Swaddling helps regulate baby's body temperature.
- Swaddling helps prevent scratching.
- Sourced from the 2002 Medical Journal of Pediatrics