Please refer to these safety guidelines when using your baby Moses basket.
- Do not use your baby Moses basket when baby begins to push up on their hands and knees or has reached maximum of 9kgs, whichever comes first.
- Discontinue use of the Moses basket before your baby can sit up by themselves.
- Use your baby Moses basket with only one child at a time.
- Never place your baby Moses basket near a window where cords from curtains can strangle a child.
- Do not carry baby in the basket. The baby basket should be placed on a stable surface before placing your child in the basket.
- We recommend using the mattress options available on our website as this has been custom made to suit your Moses basket.
- We recommend referring to the Red Nose (SIDs) website for more information on healthy sleep practices.
- The Red Nose (SIDs) website advises that swaddling (also known as wrapping) a newborn baby can help baby to settle and stay asleep as it reduces crying time and episodes of waking. Swaddling has also been shown to provide stability, which may help to keep babies in the recommended back position while sleeping.
- Once swaddled, place baby in their Moses basket, on their back with their feet closest to the bottom end of the basket.
- It is recommended to discontinue wrapping your baby as soon as they are able to roll over by themselves. This is when we also recommend you discontinuing using a Moses Basket as a sleeping device.
Cleaning your basket
Baskets can be cleaned using lukewarm water. Lightly wipe down using a clean damp cloth. We do not recommend the use of soaps or cleaning products as this can affect the dyes used on the product.
Reshaping your Basket
Baskets can get out of shape during their travels and this can be easily fixed:
- Simply lightly soak the basket with water using a spray bottle for a few seconds. You will begin to feel that the grass becomes malleable and flexible.
- While the basket is still damp you can reshape.
- For best results, dry in natural sunlight but if weather does not permit then in front of a heater is your next best option.